Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Been almost a year

5- The Inauguration of Obama- I was never really a detractor of Obama but you would be hard pressed to call me a supporter. I will say that watching the swearing in of the president from another country was something I certainly never thought I'd see.

4- The Celebrity Death Marathon- I was quite happy to see the plethora of second-rate celebrities kicking the bucket earlier this year. It was almost humanizing to see that the sham wow guy was in fact as mortal as I am.

3- The Swine Flu Pandemic- This has been frustrating from a lot of sides, most notably when you live in a country with very contradictory ideas on clean. Several annual events were canceled due to H1N1 panics and some kids were permanently removed from the school because parents feared this dreaded disease was being distributed from my school.

2- The Death of Micheal Jackson- Although many were saddened by the passing of this pop icon, none back home were as shattered as my elementary students, one of whom wept at the passing of this disturbingly funny man.

1- The North Korean Nuclear Test- This was just fucking cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment