Wednesday, May 27, 2009

By the lights of some 45-story condos, finished in 2007, I watched two jet fighters practicing maneuvers at elven in the evening. I can't help but salivating like the dogs of war that might be forthcoming.

Everyday now for the past week more air patrols, more missile tests, atomic tests, diplomatic strangleholds and trade embargoes. It wasn't the ballistic test in April that piqued my curiosity. It wasn't the captured journalists or the anti-aircraft tests. Not even the nuclear test pushed me up to the line. It was the Quesong Industrial Complex that raised my eyebrow. It is my stated opinion that there cannot be war until trade relations break down.

Maybe I sound like a broken record of cliches, but the state acts solely out of self interest and the blood of a nation is found in trade. This is how economies expand and contract, imports and exports, tariffs these are the keys which open the door of friendship. South Korea and Israel offer strategic advantages near resources and benefit from the fruits of American labors, Chad and Mali have nothing so they are devastated by civil war and lack consistent access to medicine.

...to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment